Thursday, November 5, 2009

Time Fades Away

It's good to realize that things have a tendency to pass away quickly, sometimes before you can wake up and sometimes before you're even born.

I've seen a couple of documentaries about Bob Dylan and/or Joan Baez. She's not so subtle about what her clashing view on politics with Dylan is really about:


Neither is he:
Scorsese made an excellent film that speaks to this idea of time fading away - a tribute to the Band's final concert, "The Last Waltz":
I mentioned to my dad once when I first started listening to this rock music from the 60s and early 70s, how much I would have liked to see someone like Neil Young in concert. He mentioned very nonchalantly how he'd seen Janis Joplin and Neil Young in college. This cracks me up.

Neil Young: The first time I heard this song I was sitting in my dad's banjo room listening to records on his turntable. It's one of my favorite songs.

This music is best listened to in a log cabin in the mountains, but you probably wouldn't have electricity to make the turntables spin.

1 comment:

  1. nice! i have a crush on this period of Bob :) I think Joan was just pissed when he went with the electric guitar.

    ReplyDelete